Saturday, April 01, 2006

Process and results


I've been print making for about a year now. I took a class for it once and fell in love with it ever since. I definitely want to take the class again. I know from the bottom of my heart that I enjoy the process more than seeing the result. Is it bad for an artist wanna be to say so?

Digging up the linoleum with the same motion over and over is never boring. I can say it's probably my favorite part of the whole process. It makes me not care about the world for a while.

This piece is called "Mother Nature." It's one of my favorites. A little experiment with rolling on different colors all at a time. Quite messy but fun. It's my lazy way of blending the colors.

9 comments:

Susan Mitchell said...

This is lovely - very simple and clean.

Sally said...

I really like it. I'd like to try printmaking some time.

I love the colors, blues and greens are my favorite.

Jane said...

I look forward to seeing more of your lino cuts!

You have a great sense of space within things.

Bearuh said...

That is sooo good!Printmaking has such a unique cool look to it... Good thing you like to make them cause you are good at it!

Anonymous said...

I wondered if this was you when i saw your name at *illo friday*.. im glad you started this.. you are really good at what you do and i'm glad you are sharing yourself...i hope you continue to grow and smile :)

Aravis said...

I can see why it's one of your favorites; it's gorgeous! I love the concept and the way you've blended the various elements so harmoniously.

georg said...

Beautiful, simple - great artwork.

Anonymous said...

I feel that "art is the process" and if I end up with a nice piece at the end of the process it is a bonus. And printmaking is suppose to be messy, it's part of the process. Like your work. Deborah

Zórdís said...

This is graet one. Love the Mother Nature sybol you have created. Love this!